BNI network engineers are experienced in all facets of Ethernet network design. We have designed WANs using dedicated fiber infrastructures that exceed 600 miles in diameter and provided segment bandwidths from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps or more. We can provide interfaces from these WANs onto the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) or the Internet using Frame Relay, ISDN, clear channel T1, ATM or SONET.
Both WAN and LAN designs are based on customers needs. A detailed survey gathers all the information necessary to allows engineers to accurately determine the requirements of the network. This survey takes into account critical details such as:
- The current and future needs of the customer which will dictate the required bandwidth and service quality of the network.
- The IP addresses that the customer currently owns and the IP addressing scheme to be used in the future. This aspect also includes details such as firewalls, proxies, etc. if applicable.
- The concentration of servers as well as network node devices.
- The types of network protocols (such as IP, IPX/SPX or AppleTalk™, etc.) and routing protocols (such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, etc.) that the customer requires on their network.
- The type of infrastructure (and its associated characteristics) that will be used to construct each segment of the network.
- A strategy for monitoring and maintaining the network after its construction is complete.
This survey is used to create a network design that is tailored to the customer using networking equipment from leading vendors such as Cisco™. All equipment is thoroughly tested in our network test lab and certified for use in our network designs.
The designs created are fully documented including infrastructure maps, expected loss budgets, site connection schematics and IP addressing tables. The original completed documentation package is archived by our Network Operations Center and copies are provided to our installation team. Upon completion of the network installation, a final "As-Built" section, which includes details such as actual infrastructure losses and port connections, is added to the documentation package. The customer receives a complete copy of the design package upon network sign-off.
Our design services are ideal for customers who require Ethernet WAN or LAN designs and rapid deployment. Many of our customers have designed and maintained their own LANs but require our services for the design of a WAN to interconnect their sites. Dedicated high-speed WANs are becoming critical for many organizations, such as corporations with multiple building, school districts and other government bodies who may require WAN interconnection in a limited geographic region (often called a "Metropolitan Area Network" or MAN).